Thursday 13 April 2017

On where I've been hiding...

Some of you might have noticed that my little corner of the internet has been quiet recently. I've had a rather long case of bloggers-block and although I've been busy doing some pretty damn cool things, I just haven't felt the urge to sit down and write about them. I've spent less time behind a screen and more time living in the moment, spending time with the people who matter to me most and working towards my goals. Although, ummm you could say technically that last one actually does put me behind the screen for longer... But more on that later!

So where have I been?

One of my New Years resolution for 2016 was to 'Live the Adventure' and as cliché as it sounds, I really have been living the adventure. I've seen more of Scotland and the Highlands in the past year than I have before and nothing makes me happier than hopping in my car, travel-mug of coffee by my side, and spending the day exploring new places. Sometimes there's a plan, other times I like to see where the road takes me.

I've been to more castles than I can count, driven through a mountain pass which took me from sea level to the snowy peak of a mountain and back down a twisting helter-skelter road to discover a herd of Highland Cows blocking the path. I've been camping, I've been glamping (in a Nordik kata!) and I've made Peanut Butter Oreo s'mores under the most breathtaking night sky.

I've grown as a person and I've really kicked ass when it comes to achieving my goals. I've taken on a few social media clients who I adore working for. Although I'm still doing this on-top of my 9-5 job, which is pretty tiring, it's extremely rewarding and so satisfying to be doing something I love, by myself.

Happiness and positivity are two things I've really worked on too and I'm happier than I have been in years. I've been saying "yes!" more often, and not letting the little things worry me. I've been embracing my independence and enjoying my own company.

And as you can see from above, I've met someone pretty special to share all of these adventures with. I've always been unlucky in love (and could probably write a book about my experiences...!) but I've finally found someone who lives life at the same pace as me, pushes himself to achieve things and inspires me to do the same, he just gets me.... and will also spend a long time posing at the base of a mountain with me until we get the perfect photo. Ha!

So there you have it, my life update. Now to spend some time dusting the cobwebs off of my blog....

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I always find it's when i'm happiest that I'm less inclined to post; if people aren't posting because they're really enjoying life, I think we have to forgive that even if we miss the posts. ;-) Glad you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig